Sports Massage Therapy
Why is Therapeutic Sports Massage so Important?
Therapeutic sports massage gives athletes the opportunity to reach their full potential by reducing the risk of musculoskeletal injuries. The massage is more of a treatment than a relaxation massage:
- Collaboration between the therapist and the athlete throughout the treatment.
- Advice on exercises for muscular flexibility and strengthening
- Can be done prior, during physical activity or in recovery phase, following a sporting event such as a half marathon or a full marathon.
All of these elements have a real impact on the maximum potential of the athlete, especially after a sporting event because it increases:
- healing and recovery between efforts
- joint mobility, flexibility and biomechanics
- body perception and mental focus
- motivation and self-confidence
By identifying areas of tension, the massage also allows to reduce:
- muscle cramps and spasms
- stress and anxiety (pre- and post-event).
Benefits of Massage
Massage can bring about physical, mental and emotional changes. The benefits can vary from individual to individual.
- Relaxes the body
- Calms the nervous system
- Lowers blood pressure
- Reduces heart rate
- Slows respiration
- Loosens tight muscles
- Reduces chronic pain
- Reduces mental stress
- Promotes better sleep
- Calms a bad temper
- Induces mental relaxation
- Improves concentration
- Reduces anxiety
- Enhances self-image
- Provides a feeling of well-being
Service available at these locations